12 reasons to pay every citizen an Unconditional Basic Income
1. Abolish benefits trap.
2. Work always pays.
3. Freedom, Innovation, Enterprise.
4. Personal Independence.
6. Healthier Population.
7. Reduced NHS Cost.
8. Better Educated Society.
9. Flexible Workforce.
10. People doing what they were born to do.
11. No more mining for gold using mercury, poisoning your food chain because the miner has to put food on the table.
12. Less environmental destruction, because people can choose not to work in environmentally destructive jobs if they don’t want to, because they will no longer feel coerced to do any job just to feed their families.
Would you like to become an MP?
The Unconditional Basic Income Party is currently recruiting Parliamentary Candidates to stand in the UK General Election 2015.
If you want to stand as a BIG Party Candidate, you will need.
1. A £500 deposit (returnable if you get at least 5% of the vote)
2. Approximately £600 to print this Election Pamphlet, which will then be mailed out, free of charge, to every household in your constituency, explaining to them why they should vote for you.
3. Ten constituency residents, who are on the electoral roll, to nominate you to stand. These people only need to sign your nomination papers, they do not have to vote for you in the actual election.
We understand that £1100 is a lot of money, but unfortunately elections are not yet free in the UK.
55 supporters with £20 each would cover the whole cost, and they’d all get £10 back if you recieve at least 5% of the vote.
Anyway, if you want to stand as a BIG Party Candidate in the UK 2015 General Election, or want to support one of our candidates, please get in touch.